Molly in Africa

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Three things...

1) Photos are updated on Facebook so check those out- January & February; March & April; Uganda and the most recent album- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious & Rice Harvesting :)
Hope you enjoy those!

2) I think most of you know this but these past couple months have been pretty difficult here.  I've been frustrated a lot of the time- everything from the program to the job site, my housemates and the overall lack of energy I've felt.  So, I'm sorry for not updating the blog, responding to emails in a timely fashion, and any other offenses I may have incurred.

We started a new term this week and I'm trying to make things better here.  I've met with MIRACLE's director and principal (separately and then together), the director of the Brother's community next door and our house had a conference call with our State-side directors.  I'm hoping that those meetings along with a new attitude from me will lead to some improvement.  We'll see...


3) Yesterday two of my housemates (Matt and Kat) and I went out to learn about rice harvesting.  It was a beautiful day in a beautiful area of the country (just about 25 minutes north of us) and we had a great time. :)  We went to one of my student's houses and went to his fields, learned how they harvest and then learned how they pounded.  I think it's safe to say that we were all pretty awful at it... but they told us they've been doing all of these things since they were ten and that made us feel a bit better.

I'm not sure there is even a point in trying to update from the past couple months but I will try to make a better effort to blog at least once a month from now on... maybe more often if you're lucky!

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, May 12, 2009, Blogger Greg Calhoun said...

good luck and best wishes! You have lots of prayers from folks here in the states

 
At 5:25 AM, May 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly- We're thinking of you and you are in our prayers. I hope we're lucky!! -Rich Gayes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home