Molly in Africa

Monday, January 22, 2007

After My First Presentation...

I went home this past weekend and did a presentation at my church, St. Nicholas, in Evanston about my experiences in Uganda and talked a lot about CRO. This post is really directed to them:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Thank you for coming to my presentation and for listening to my stories and those of the children in eastern Uganda. As I mentioned during my presentation, it has been frustrating to talk about my experiences since coming home because people can hear me, but they don't really listen. You really listened and I appreciated that more than you will ever know. Please feel free to look through this blog to read about other experiences that I had while I was in Uganda.

If any of you would like for me to give a presentation for a different group of people you know, please let me know because I would be more than happy to. This can be either in a formal or informal setting- I am simply happy to share what I know about the area and about the people to help raise awareness. Please just email me: mhoganh@gmail.com.

I will update this once the non-profit organization has been set up. It seems that it might be very soon since people have already offered to help in that process. In the mean time, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or really anything else. Email is the best way to reach me since I keep a very busy schedule at school. If you are interested in donating money before the non-profit organization is set up, please get in touch with either me or my parents. Thank you to those of you who already donated! I feel so blessed to be part of a community filled with people willing to help others in such a positive way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home